*(computer graphics and mathematics) http://www3. ntu.edu.sg/ home/assourin/ job.htm
The job is in the area of computer graphics, mathematics, geometry. This is a part of the NRF
partial differential equations, introduction of function-defined physical properties to objects in Co-Space, and development of several exemplar applications illustrating the usefulness of the proposed approach, including an ability to establish physical contact with other party in Co-Space through haptic devices.
*The project includes but not limited to the following tasks*:
- Definition of complex shapes with implicit, parametric and explicit functions
- Parameterization and implicitization
- Definition of interactive shapes using partial differential equations
- Accelerating rendering of the shapes defined by mathematical functions
- Interactive free-form shape modeling and rendering
- Definition of physical properties for the virtual objects
- Definition of deformable objects by mathematical functions
- Collaborative shape modeling and haptic interaction using Sensable Phantom, Noving Falcon and potentially other devices
- Grid-based interactive visualization
- GPU-based interactive shape modeling and visualization
- Haptic communication with the participants of the Co-Space
*A *PhD degree *in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mathematics or related-fields. Advance knowledge of mathematics, geometry and good programming skills. Evidence of the experience will be required. Knowledge of one or more of the following areas will be an advantage: 3D
computer graphics, interactive computer graphics, web visualization, web programming, parallel computing.
Good written and oral communication skills.
*Remuneration & Benefits
*Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits based on their qualifications. The salary fund for this position is up to S$ 90,000 per year which includes the basic salary, 13th salary, yearly performance bonus (1-2 basic salaries), and medical insurance. Given good performance the salary will increase by 8-10% each year. Hence for an expatriate PhD with several years of experience the starting basic salary can be in the range S$ 4,500 - 6,300 (+ 13 salary at the end of each year + 1 salary of the yearly performance bonus - annual income tax which can be calculated here http://www.iras. gov.sg/irasHome/ page03.aspx? id=282). For
Singaporean and SPR applicants the salary will also include CPF contribution
(within the same funds).
*Term of Appointment
*The initial appointment will be for two years followed the extension for the third year.
*To be considered for the job, please send your complete CV, full list of publications (indicate 3 most significant publications authored by you), citation indices and expected salary via email to:
Assoc Prof Alexei SOURIN
School of Computer Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
Blk N4, #02a-10
phone: +65 6790-4292
Please also write which of the above listed research tasks
The position will be available soon and will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!
If you want to receive academic resources in your e-mail on daily basis, please subscribe to email@example.com.