17 August 2016students to apply are all students/candidates that need no visa to enter to the Republic of Kosovo 20-25 August 2016, Pristina, Kosovo
Kosovo Youth Atlantic Treaty Association has the immense pleasure of inviting you to participate in this event: Summer University for Security Studies, which will be held for the 6thanniversary of KYATA.
This year the Summer University, will be held in Kosovo, from 20-25 of August 2016. The accommodation, meals and lectures are going to be held at Kosovo Academy for Public Safety. In this Summer University we will present various levels of security, institutions, levels that must be understood by students and young scholars, and receive briefing by best experts and guest speakers on the topics, mentioned in agenda.
The word ‘security’ is highly present in media, politics and daily conversations. But what does it actually mean? What makes one feel secure? And, more importantly, how is security organized in order to improve it and what are effective ways to deal with (violent) conflicts? In other words, in what ways is security governed?
This one-week program will give students an in-depth look into the ways in which thinking and speaking about security have changed over time, and how stakeholders on various levels deal with conflicts and security, ranging from the international arena to the state and from private security companies to communities and individuals.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- International security and new wars unconventional threats,
- Responsibility to protect, National security in a globalizing world,
- Private security companies,
- Gated communities, and citizens’ initiatives in war situations,
- Terrorism, international terrorist organization, how to defeat terrorist groups
- International security organizations.
- Refugees crises,
- An exciting cultural program and tour around Kosovo including riding horses will take place in our agenda
Students with different academic backgrounds and a general interest in Security, Euro-Atlantic integration, International Relations, Diplomacy etc.. will benefit from each other in an intercultural and interdisciplinary learning process. Former classes consisted of regular students and practitioners such as civil servants, communication experts, young politicians and even parliamentary officials.
The course does not require special knowledge about security policies and institutions, European politics, law, history or culture, but participants should be interested in more than just their field of specialization. In class participation, especially in the discussions with experts, is essential for the course success and plays an important role in grading.
- Tuition fee for Kosovo Students is 100 euro
- Tuition fee for Western Balkan student is 110 euro;
- The tuition fee for non Western Balkan students is 180 euro
- All costs regarding the bank transfer of the participation fee (Transfer fees) are to be covered by the applicant.
- Tuition (all lectures, workshops, discussions as mentioned in the program)
- Culture and social events (as mentioned in the program)
- Housing and 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Thanks to the generosity of KYATA and Partners, you will have the opportunity to have lower costs compared to other summer schools in the Balkan Peninsula and abroad. For very reasonable price you will get the highest academic standards and an exciting culture, social, and study visits program in Kosovo.
Moreover, accommodation, meals and reading materials are prepared for you, so you don’t have to worry about anything. You can concentrate only on studying and enjoying yourself.
The only costs not included in the price are travel cost, and health insurance :-)
All participants must send their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 17 August 2016, at 24:00.
Lectures, presentations and examinations will be held in English.
If you have any questions, write to:firstname.lastname@example.org; call: +37745603619 or