A postdoctoral position is available at the Center for Data-intensive Systems (http://daisy.aau.dk), Department of Computer Science at Aalborg University (AAU), Denmark. The position is available immediately but the start date is flexible.
- PhD in computer science
- excellent scientific background and publication record
- demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
- excellent communication skills in English, oral as well as written
- good programming skills
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Open Data, Semantic Technologies, and Linked Data
- data integration and data quality
- Big Data and machine learning
- perform excellent scientific research
- develop research prototypes and conduct experiments
- publish in international conferences and journals
- participate in activities of the group and the department
The position is initially available for 1 year with the possibility of
extension based on mutual agreement. The annual salary is approximately DKK
450.000 (ca. EUR 60,000, inclusive of pension contributions and pre taxes).
The application should contain:
- cover letter with motivation and preferred starting date
- research statement
- CV including a list of publications
- copies of two relevant publications
- copies of certificates for all obtained degrees
- contact information of two references
The application should be sent as a single PDF to Katja Hose (email@example.com).
Priority will be given to applications received before February 15, 2017. Evaluation will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For further information and details, please contact Katja Hose (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The database researchers at Daisy conduct research in Semantic Web technologies, spatio-temporal data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence. International evaluations place Daisy in the global top tier. An independent study of publication performance in the top database outlets in the 10-year period 2001-2010 ranks Daisy second among all research groups in Europe. More information about Daisy can be found at http://daisy.aau.dk.
Aalborg is a lively city with numerous cultural attractions. The area features relatively low cost of living, clean air, beautiful forests and beaches, and very good transportation infrastructure. A recent report on European cities ranks Aalborg highest: http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/ docgener/ studies/pdf/ urban/survey2013 _en.pdf.