PhD in Economics and Finance
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: The PhD in Economics and Finance is comprised of courses and exams completely in English, aligning it with the most prestigious European and American PhD programs. It is aimed at top international students interested in furthering their knowledge of modern tools of economic analysis both empirical and theoretical, with the aim of producing analytical work and original research. A Bocconi PhD creates openings in the world of research, both academic and
non-academic, in international organizations, central banks, government agencies and large firms.
The program in Economics and Finance lasts four years, with courses and exams in the first two years and with thesis work and seminars for the final two years. In particular, during the first year students attend common courses in Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Quantitative Methods, Asset Pricing and Corporate Finance. During the second year, they specialize in Economics or Finance choosing courses from the relevant fields including Accounting. All students have also the option of choosing some second year courses from our PhD programs in Statistics or Business Administration and Management.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants should hold a Graduate Degree or equivalent. A B2 (CEFR) competence level of English or above is required to be admitted to the PhD program. For more detailed
information about our program please visit the website: http://www.unibocconi.eu/phdeconomicsfinance
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply for our PhD program you have to use our Online Application System. Applications are due by: February 15th, 2012. The PhD School offers 10 scholarships (a maximum of seven additional fellowships may also be made available for the most deserving applicants). For your application you will need the following documentation:
1. Completed on-line application form
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae
3. Certificates: Undergraduate and graduate degree certificates, together with exams taken and grades
4. For candidates who have not yet finished their graduate programs, a certificate of enrolment (together with exams taken and grades)
5. A B2 (CEFR) competence level of English or above
6. Certificate of results for the GRE (Graduate Records of Examination) or GMAT test
7. 2 or 1 reference letters prepared by people who have direct knowledge of you either as a student or as a colleague from university professors or other professionals
8. Maximum 5 other supporting documents you feel important to be evaluated (e.g. publications, additional language certificates, etc.)
9. Statement of purpose
Please consult our website for complete details of our application procedure: http://www.unibocconi.eu/admissionphd
FURTHER INFORMATION: For more information about the program, please feel free to contact our Program Assistant at: infophd@unibocconi. it
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!