- fluent in Java and/or C++
- experience in system-oriented software development
- team-oriented working style
- interest in and fun crunching big data
- for the Ph.D and postdoc positions: E13 (about 3100EUR/month in the first year; 3400EUR/month in the second)
- in addition: one postdoc position with extended project management responsibilities: E14 (about 3375EUR/month in the first year; 3745EUR/month in the second)
- all positions are full time, for one year (extendible to 3 years)
- or Jens Dittrich by email
Computer Science at Saarland University: Saarbruecken is an international research-oriented center for computer science. Researchers at Saarland University cooperate closely with the Max Planck Institute for Informatics, the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI), the Center for Bioinformatics and the Visual
Computing Institute. These internationally renowned research institutes are co-located on the Saarbruecken University Campus, neighbours to the Computer Science Department with its 19 chairs. All in all, more than 300 researchers in Computer Science have made their academic home in Saarbruecken. Many work on common projects funded by the German Government, the European Union or industrial partners. In October 2007, Saarbruecken Computer Science was awarded two major grants in the framework of the Initiative for Excellence of the German federal and state governments: the Cluster of Excellence on Multimodal Computing and Interaction (M2CI) and fund!
ing for the Saarbruecken Graduate School of Computer Science. Working language is English.
Saarbruecken is located at the heart of Europe, near to Paris, Heidelberg, and Cologne and close to Germany's borders to France (7 km away) and Luxembourg, strongly influenced by French savoir-vivre.
How to apply:
send a _single_ pdf including
(2) list stating relevant software development experience
(3) transcripts of high school certificate and grades
(4) transcripts of BSc/MSc (Ph.D. if applies) certificates and grades
(5) list of publications
(6) letter of motivation
Applications not sticking to this format will not be considered!
Applications wilL be accepted until all positions have been filled.
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!