*International Undergraduate Admissions Scholarships for New Students Applying to KU*
1. KU ISSS Undergraduate Admission Awards Two Types of Scholarships
International Merit Awards or KUEA international undergraduate scholarships:
Competitive, renewable, merit-based awards ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 per year.
KU-IIE undergraduate tuition scholarships:
Selection facilitated with the cooperation of the Institute of International Education (IIE) - highly competitive, renewable merit-based tuition awards (valued approximately $20,000 per year up to four years) for new students with outstanding academic profiles & demonstrated leadership who are entering the U.S. in F-1 or J-1 status in the Fall semester.
Deadline for scholarship consideration (complete application for admission must be on file by these days):
*January 15* for Fall semester (for KU-IIE and International Merit Awards)
Eligibility requirements for all scholarships:
Recipients are selected from the top tier of students who have been admitted based upon their academic records. Selection is based on factors including
* Complete application for admission has been submitted by scholarship deadline
* Grades - students must have the equivalent of a 3.5 GPA or higher
(based upon the 4.0 scale)
* TOEFL or IELTS scores must meet minimum for KU class enrollment
* SAT or ACT scores
* Extracurricular, leadership and service activities
* Letters of reference or recommendaiton
* Essay of statement of purpose
* Additional scholarships forms will be distributed to students selected by our office for consideration
2. KU Program Scholarships
Some KU academic departments also offer scholarships to first year students. If a students is eligible for consideration for one of the departmental awards, the ISSS Admissions Office will forward the student's application to departments that award first-year scholarhips. Generally, departmental scholarships are competitive and top-level students are informed of opportunities to apply by the individual academic program only after the student has been admitted and often only after they have completed one or two semesters of KU study.
More information can be found at
*International Graduate Student Funding Opportunities*
Graduate student funding opportunities include fellowships, scholarships, grants to assist with travel to conferences, and other forms of support. Details are available
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!