E-mail deze vacature
PhD candidates in Operations Management
Specificaties - (uitleg)
Locatie Postbus 513 5600 MB Eindhoven
Functie types Promoti eplaatsen
Uren38.0 uren per week
Vacaturenummer V39. 1252
Solliciteer op deze vacature
The PhD student will work on a project defined on forehand. Two projects are considered:
1. A project, externally funded, on efficient distribution of goods into city areas. Focus in this project is on the retail operations aspects. Specific research topics deal with multi-item inventory control and inventory-routing policies.
2. A project, externally funded, on the planning and control of distribution activities in the agricultural supply chain. Specific research topics deal with multi-modal transportation planning, integrating forward and reverse transportation flows and real-time control of such networks.The PhD student is expected to do both supervised and unsupervised research, write a PhD thesis and research papers on the research project. A small part of the position involves
teaching in courses offered by the group. Funding for these positions has not been finalized but a decision is expected before the end of this year.
'this vacancy will be promoted at the PhD Workshop Beijing'
For the PhD candidate positions, the applicant should have completed (or be close to completion of) a Master's degree in industrial engineering, econometrics, mathematics, or operations management, with a solid background in quantitative, statistical and/or econometric research methods. The candidate's file should demonstrate evidence of the ability to interact with industry and/or policy makers, since this is a key part of each project.
Arbeidsvoorwaarden W e offer
* a challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious University;
* a PhD appointment for a period of 4 years from February 1, 2011;
* gross salary is in the range of euros 28.500 - euros 36.500 per annum (on a full-time basis), this includes 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance.
* a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, child care, moving expenses, savings schemes, coverage of costs of publishing the dissertation and excellent sports facilities).
Additionele informatie Informati on
More information about the OPAC group can be found at http://w3.ieis.tue.nl/en/groups/opac/ . More information about this position and the research programs should be addressed to: dr. Tom Van Woensel, phone +31 - 40 247 5017, e-mail: t.v.woensel@ tue.nl.
Information about terms of employment can be obtained from Mrs. Ellen van der Mierden, personnel officer (pz.ieis@tue. nl), phone: +31.40.247 4886. Further information about Eindhoven University of Technology can be found at http://www.tue.nl.
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!