PhD in Mathematics, applied to research in ‘Biostatistics and Bioinformatics’
The research topic consists of biostatistical applications to answer scientific questions in pharmaceutical discovery and development. Data coming from different phases in the pharmaceutical research will be available to focus on statistical method development for allometric scalling. Some of the data come from the area of pharmacokinetics, in-vitro and in-vivo experimentation including clinical trial data. The data of the different phases will have to be analyzed on an individual basis. However development of statistical methods to link the different phases to one another will also be an important part of the research. Statistical models that will be considered include : linear and non-linear mixed models, surrogate-marker methodology, multivariate projection methods and meta-analysis.
* Experience in the design and analysis of experiments concerning pharmaceutical matter and the statistical analysis thereof;
* Experience in the use of statistical software such as SAS, S-Plus, R, StatXact, etc. ;
* Excellent knowledge of the English language and good scientific writing skills;
* Be intrinsically motivated, think analytically and creatively, work in an organized and focused manner;
* Enjoy working in an multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
Master degree in (Bio-)Statistics or an equivalent degree. Research experience is considered an advantage (e.g. by M.Sc. dissertation) . Applicants should have a good knowledge of English. Presentation of TOEFL-results or an equivalent certificate of knowledge of English is considered a definite plus.
The appointment takes effect on 16.02.2011, for a period of 2 x 2 years (with evaluation after 2 years).
* Content job responsibilities:
* Prof. dr. Geert Molenberghs, +32 11-26 82 38, geert.molenberghs@ uhasselt. be
* Dr. Luc Bijnens, +32 14-60 63 56, LBijnens@its. jnj.com
* Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Yves Soen, 011-26 80 85, yves.soen@uhasselt. be
Official application forms
* can be downloaded here: http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc and sent by e-mail to: jobs@uhasselt. be
* or are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
The completed application forms must reach us no later than January 7th 2011.
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!