PhD student in (Statistical) Bioinformatics (2x2 jaar)
The candidate will conduct research in statistical and (bio)informatics methods supporting the design and analysis of peptide centric mass-spectrometry experiments. The research will be situated in the context of the studies conducted at VITO. The candidate will be active in both institutes (50/50).
* You have a strong quantitative background;
* You are intrinsically motivated, think analytically and creatively, work in an organised and focused manner ;
* You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment (bioinformatics, statistics, computer sciences, molecular biology, analytical chemistry);
* Experience in the use of statistical/ mathematical software such as SAS, R, Matlab etc., is strongly recommended.
Licentiate, Master, or equivalent diploma in bioinformatics, (bio)statistics, mathematics, computer science, computational biology, bioengineering, or related field. Research experience is considered an advantage (e.g. by M.Sc. dissertation). Applicants should have a good knowledge of English. Presentation of TOEFL-results or an equivalent certificate of knowledge of English is considered a definite plus.
The appointment takes effect from 01.02.2011 for a period of 2 years, extendable to a total period of 4 years. The candidate will be simultaneously appointed at the Center for Statistics, the UHasselt entity of the Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics, and at the Environmental Analysis and Technology business unit of VITO.
* Content job responsibilities:
* Prof. dr. Tomasz Burzykowski +32 11-26 82 43, tomasz.burzykowski@ uhasselt. be
* Dr. Dirk Valkenborg, +32 3-265 33 87, dirk.valkenborg@ vito.be
* Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Yves Soen, 011-26 80 85, yves.soen@uhasselt. be
Official application forms
* can be downloaded here: http://www.uhasselt.be/download/APengelsUH.doc and sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* or are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 10
The completed application forms must reach us no later than January 7th 2011.
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!