The master programme in sociology, specialty "Intercultural mediation" is offered by the Institute of Sociology at the University of Wroclaw. The Institute of Sociology was founded in 1988. It is the oldest research and educational centre in Wroc³aw offering BA and MA programmes in sociology based on highly qualified staff. The Institute of Sociology employs 52 academic teachers, including 40 assistant professors and 12 associate professors and full professors. The Institute cooperates with a range of national and international academic partners. The programme involves 910 teaching hours (120 ECTS). The particular focus of the "Intercultural mediation" programme is on the local, regional (Central and Eastern European) and global dimensions of culture and multiculturalism.
The graduates of the Intercultural mediation programme will acquire knowledge, skills and competences which they can use in their professional work in the areas of intercultural communication (on the local and corporate levels), conflict resolutions and actions aimed at social integration as well as practical (quantitative and
qualitative) social research on the problems of multiculturalism, migration and social changes taking place globally and in Central and Eastern Europe. The programme will prepare them to work as experts in the state and local administration, non-governmental organisations and private sector companies offering them transferable skills in the areas of multiculturalism, diversity management and cultural conflict resolution.
The entry requirements for the English language Master Program in Sociology - Intercultural Mediation.
- BA degree or recognized equivalent in social sciences, humanities or economics;
- proficiency in English certified by a test (IELTS with minimum score 6 or TOEFL with minimum score 550 or equivalent test), N/A if English was a BA studies language of tuition or is a native language.
- a candidate must fulfill the procedural and administrative conditions defined for all the candidates for studies at the University of Wroc³aw
(http://internationa l.uni.wroc. pl/en/study- english/entry- requirements).
- all the applications are evaluated by Coordinator of the Master Program in Sociology - Intercultural mediation
- documents needed: secondary school certificate, bachelor degree certificate, secondary school transcript, bachelor degree transcript, proof of English proficiency, confirmation of registration fee payment, medical certificate, passport photocopy, photo.
The programme is based on the synergy with the international Master Programme Erasmus Mundus MITRA (Médiation interculturelle : identités, mobilités, conflits) in which the Institute of Sociology is also involved.
dr Adam Mrozowicki
adam.mrozowicki@ wns.uni.wroc. pl