This year's 3 week program (June 24 – July 14) will provide an overview of some of the main issues of democratization, citizenship, ethnocultural diversity and human rights. These key concepts will be analyzed through the prism of politics, economy, law and culture which will help participants investigate and interpret these processes of democratization in an important, but often neglected region – Central Europe.
We kindly ask that this
The Summer School consists of seminars and lecture which will introduce interdisciplinary perspective and allow students to take part in challenging discussionswith experts in the field.
· The Idea of Central Europe: Past and Present
· Transformation and the Consequences of the State Collapse. Poland as a Case Study
· Economic Perspective on Transformation and Citizenship
· Democracy and Governance in Comparative Perspective
· Politics of Gender and Sexuality in Central Europe
· Central European National and Ethnic Minorities in the Enlarged EU
· Human Rights in CEE
· Memory and Forgetting in Post-Communist Societies
STUDY TRIPS In addition to lecture and seminar classes, CES organizes weekend excursion to Budapest and the Polish Tatra mountains as well as a day-trip to Aushwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum. Social integration evenings and a walking tour around Krakow are also planned.
APPLICATION Please send the following by email (as a scanned attachment) to ces.office@uj. edu.pl or fax (+48 12 4296195) by June 15, 2013:
Applications may also be sent by fax to +48 12 4296195.
· A completed Summer School Application Form
· Your CV (résumé) in the Europass format
· Proof of language proficiency (if applicable).
Cost of the three week programme: 1,395 euro
Included in the total cost is tuition, accommodation and all study trips.
For more information, please go to
http://www.ces. uj.edu.pl/ summer-school/ undergraduate