The Journal of Intervention and Statebuilding has just published a special on-line supplement Inside the Bosnian Crisis: Documents and Analysis.
This special on-line supplement is designed to give those involved in research and policy-making immediate access to some of the key documents and analysis on the current Bosnian crisis, the resignation of the state prime minister and disputes over powers of the international High Representative:
* Matthew T. Parish’s article on ‘The Demise of the Dayton Protectorate’ provides the insight of a serving OHR Legal Department Head (2005 – 2007). He charts the rising level of power and activism of the Office of the High Representative.
* Gerald Knaus, chairman and co-founder of the European Stability Initiative (ESI) and Kristof Bender, a senior analyst with the ESI, have provided an amended ESI report which reconsiders the rationale for police reform and the use of EU conditionality, warning that the imposition of additional conditions is setting back Bosnia’s progress.
* Thomas Muehlmann, a member of the Austrian foreign ministry and formerly the Chief Political Advisor of the European Union Police Mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina (2003 - 2005) provides a detailed analysis of the background to the police reform proposals under the leadership of High Representative Lord Paddy Ashdown.
Also included is a range of immediately relevant documentation:
* An ‘Institute Note’ issued to the EU Political and Security Committee (COPS) which is very much an admission of EU failure in Bosnia, suggesting that ‘the EU's “soft power” is not working’ and that ‘the legitimacy and credibility of the OHR have been seriously weakened’.
* Two letters from Bosnian Serb representatives. The letter of Republika Srpska prime minister Milorad Dodik to the European Parliament of 20 November 2007 and the letter of Dr Milorad Živkovi , Speaker of the Bosnia-Herzegovina Parliamentary Assembly House of Representatives, to the Secretary-General of the Council of Europe, of 21 November 2007.
* Three documents available from the Office of the High Representative. The ‘Press Conference by the High Representative Miroslav Laj ák, following the PIC meeting’ of 31 October 2007; the 19 October ‘Decision Enacting the Law on Changes and Amendments to the Law on the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina’ and the December 2002 ‘Law on the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina’.
Contents page: http://www.wmin. ac.uk/sshl/ pdf/JISB% 20BOS%201% 20-%20Contents. pdf
Full issue: http://www.wmin. ac.uk/sshl/ pdf/JISBBOS_ whole.pdf
Individual articles/documents are available below and at: http://www.wmin. ac.uk:80/ sshl/page- 2977
Full information is below:
INSIDE THE BOSNIAN CRISIS: DOCUMENTS AND ANALYSIS
JOURNAL OF INTERVENTION AND STATEBUILDING
Volume 1, Special Supplement, 1 December 2007
SPECIAL SUPPLEMENT IN COOPERATION WITH THE CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF DEMOCRACY
Table of Contents - (PDF here) - The whole Journal - 1 file - here
Pag. Title Author
1 Introduction: Inside the Bosnian Crisis David Chandler
11 The Demise of the Dayton Protectorate Matthew Parish 24
The Worst in Class: How the International Protectorate Hurts the European Future of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Knaus and Bender
37 Police Restructuring in Bosnia-Herzegovina: Problems of Internationally- Led Security Sector Reform Thomas Muehlmann
European Union Political and Security Committee (COPS), ‘Note’: Bosnia and Herzegovina: Politics as ‘War by Other Means’ Challenge to The EU’s Strategy for the Western Balkans, 19 November 2007
Letter of Republika Srpska prime minister, Milorad Dodik, to the European Parliament, 20 November 2007
70 Letter of Dr Milorad Živkovi , Speaker of the Bosnia-Herzegovina Parliamentary Assembly House of Representatives, to the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, 21 November 2007
Press Conference by the High Representative Miroslav Laj ák, following the PIC meeting, 31 October 2007
83 High Representative’ s Decision Enacting the Law on Changes and Amendments to the Law on the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina, 19 October 2007
88 The Law on the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina, 3 December 2002
99 Notes on Contributors
Professor of International Relations
Centre for the Study of Democracy
University of Westminster
32-38 Wells Street
London, W1T 3UW
Editor, Journal of Intervention and Statebuilding
Webpage: http://www.informaw orld.com/ smpp/title~ content=t7417711 50~db=all
Tel: ++44 (0)776 525 3073
Email: D.Chandler@Westmins ter.ac.uk
Personal webpages: http://www.davidcha ndler.org
If you want to receive academic resources in your e-mail on daily basis, please subscribe to email@example.com.
Biserica de lemn din Pădureni: Monografie - Vlad Paul Nap, Biserica de lemn din Pădureni: Monografie| Vlad Nap este un autor pe cât de transdiscsiplinar, pe atât de multidisciplinar. Să mă explic: a...
10 hours ago