The Graduate School of Excellence ‘JSMC’ invites applications for PhD Student Fellowship (Ref.No. JSMC 56/2011) on the topic Transcriptome data analysis and modeling of Aspergillus fumigatus – phagocytes interaction Dynamic models for the interaction between fungal pathogen A. fumigatus and phagocytes shall be inferred from RNA‐Seq‐ and microarray‐based gene expression data integrating the available prior knowledge.
RNA‐seq data analysis shall be used to search for splice variants and small regulatory non‐coding RNA species and to study their impact for the fungal phagocytose interaction. The inferred models shall be aggregated, scaled‐down to predictive minimal models and used for experiment design.
• a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Bioinformatics. Candidates about to obtain their degree are welcome to apply.
• required methodological skills: data and biodatabase mining, mathematical modeling
• high motivation and interest in joining one of the interdisciplinary research areas
of the JSMC
• creativity and interest in shaping your own thesis project
• an integrative and cooperative personality
• very good communication skills in English (the language of instruction at the JSMC)
• a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top‐level research conditions
• a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the rules of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
• a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
• a top‐level PhD training program with courses in state‐of‐the‐art research technologies and soft skills
• Jena – the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni‐jena.de
3 years stipend
Additional Job Details
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!