Description of the work
Applications are invited for 2+2 year postdoctoral research position in the research group of Professor Eva Hellstrom-Lindberg and Guest Professor Sten Eirik Jacobsen at the Center for Hematology and Regenerative Medicine (HERM). The main focus of the position will be to conduct research projects aiming to unravel the cellular and molecular defects in the hematopoietic system of patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS). Hellstrom-Lindberg and Jacobsen have a strong track record in related studies (Pellagatti A et al, Proc Natl Acd Sci USA 2007; Tehranchi et al,N Engl J Med 2010).
Applicants should have a PhD in a biology related area with significant experience in MDS, leukemia or normal hematopoiesis research, and a strong publication track record including recent high impact publications. Experience of advanced flow cytometry is an advantage.
The position is supported through a grant from the new Wallenberg Institute for Regenerative Medicine.
To qualify, the applicant must hold a doctor’s degree or a foreign qualification deemed equivalent to a doctorate. Applicants who have completed their degree no more than three years before the last date for applications should be given priority. Candidates who have completed their degree earlier than this should receive equal priority if special grounds exist.
Postgraduates who have yet to graduate may apply if their public defense is scheduled to take place within three months after the application deadline, in which case verification from the Dissertation Committee or equivalent body must be submitted with the application.
Please send your application, marked with reference number 1779/2011, to reach us by no later than April 30 2011 to KI jobb (http://jobb.ki.se/external/security/login.asp) or Karolinska Institutet, Registrar Anna Maria Bernstein, Department of Medicine M54, 141 86 Stockholm.
The following documents must be submitted with your application, and written in English or Swedish:
1. A full CV, including date of public defense, title of thesis, previous academic appointments, academic title, current position, academic distinctions and committee work
2. A full publication list
3. Contact details of three referees
4. A brief outline of your current work (max. one page)
5. Certificates testifying to sickness, service in the total defense, positions of trust in trade union organizations and student organizations, parental leave or similar circumstances
6. Verification from the Dissertation Committee or equivalent body (only if you are planning to defend your thesis within three months after the application deadline)
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!