Postdoctoral Associate – Optimization for Real-time Feedback and Control (Ref: IRG_FM_2011_003)
Future Urban Mobility Interdisciplinary Research Group
To develop an integrated suite of models to estimate the impact of alternative interventions and support the real-time deployment of such interventions to mitigate urban mobility problems as they occur on a daily basis.
The postdoctoral associate on this project will compile requirements and design architecture for the next generation real-time DTA simulation model. The postdoctoral associate will work on optimization algorithms for real-time calibration that take advantage of new data sources. The postdoctoral associate must coordinate and understand applications of the model in other research projects within the FM program. Prior to development of the model, the postdoctoral associate is expected to conduct research using the current DTA model, DynaMIT, on intermediate projects.
• PhD with a focus in: Transportation, Operations Research, Computer Science and/or Behavioural Modeling
• Experience in several programming languages, including C++
• Experience in developing and/or applying simulation models, preferably for urban transportation applications
• Strong background in optimization, discrete choice and statistical analysis
• Prior experience with transportation simulation software is desired
To apply, please visit our open positions website at: http://smart.mit.edu/jobs-at-smart/current-open-positions.html
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!