the Marie Curie Initial Training Network Programme (project TransForm).
We address (pre-PhD) researchers with an MSc aiming at significantly improving their career perspectives from both the public and private sector.
The duration of the appointment is 3 years with a possibility of extension funded from other sources. Applications for smaller periods will also be considered. Applicants may also request to be considered as candidates for the PhD program at the Department of Computer Science, University of Crete, Greece.
The ESR will pursue research on the area of concurrent computing and in particular on the Theoretical Foundations of Transactional Memory.
Junior researchers with an MSc on theoretical aspects of distributed databases (and in particular on transaction management) are highly encouraged to apply for these positions.
The recruited ESR will work in close collaboration with the other academic partners of the project:
* EPFL, Switzerland (Prof. Rachid Guerraoui)
* Technische Universitaet of Berlin, Germany (Dr. Petr Kuznetsov)
* Technion, Israel (Prof. Hagit Attiya)
* University of Rennes I, France (Prof. Michel Raynal)
and with the possibility of collaboration with researchers from the industry:
* Deutsche Telekom, Germany
* Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK
* Sun Microsystems Labs, Massachusetts, USA
* IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
* ESR should not already have a PhD and they should have the qualifications to embark on a PhD program (i.e., s/he should have an MSc by the time of the recruitment) .
* ESR should be nationals of a country other than Greece or, in case they are Greek, they should have legally resided and have had their principal activities (work, studies, etc.) in a country other than Greece for at least 3 out of the last 4 years, and
* ESR (regardless of their nationalities) must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work, studies, etc.) in Greece for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
The positions are open until appropriate candidates are found.
Marie Curie fellows enjoy good salaries and working conditions, career development opportunities and work-life balance. More specifically, the financial support of Marie Curie ITN to the ESR includes:
* a competitive monthly salary (living and mobility allowance),
* a yearly travel allowance (i.e., a fixed amount of money based upon the direct distance between the location of origin of the researcher and Heraklion, Greece, where FORTH-ICS is located),
* a career exploratory allowance (i.e., a single payment for attending job interviews, additional courses, job fairs, etc.), and
* coverage of the expenses related to the participation of the ESR in research and training activities (contribution to research-related costs, meetings, conference attendance, training actions, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your curriculum vitae. Then, she will contact you asking for more documents if required.
FORTH is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Panagiota Fatourou (the coordinator of TransForm) is a woman, as well as half of the project researchers. This identifies the extra sensitivity of TransForm to gender equality issues.
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!