============ ========= =
SAP Research Centers in Zurich and St. Gallen support SAP's long-term strategy through technology research. Located to the campus of ETH Zurich and University of St. Gallen (HSG), the SAP Research Center in Zurich focuses on application- oriented research in the areas of Smart Items and Enterprise Service Architectures. This combines SAP's technological know-how with the expertise of ETH Zurich and the leading business school of St. Gallen.
The objective of the EU-funded research project 'GEYSERS' (Generalised Architecture for Dynamic Infrastructure Services; http://www.geysers.eu) is to bring cloud computing to the next level by designing and implementing a novel optical network architecture able to support 'Optical Network + Any-IT' resource provisioning seamlessly and efficiently (also covering the aspect of energy efficiency). In other words, 'GEYSERS' aims to come up with a holistic approach to cloud computing that enables service providers to provision services composed from various resources ranging from 'classic' cloud resources such as computing power and storage space as well as network and application resources through an end-to-end management framework.
SAP’s contributions to the GEYSERS project include:
- Business scenario and requirements engineering
- Architecture and design definition and validation
- Testbed design and implementation, proof-of concept
- Internal transfer projects
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
============ ========= =
We offer a great and team-oriented working environment, the possibility to extend your practical experience and theoretical knowledge within a highly international team. Guided by a mentor, the student will be supported throughout but also encouraged to work on his/her own initiative, to develop new ideas. The responsibilities of the student include:
- Successful completion of a PhD in the area of Computer Science
- Continuous application of his / her research to the GEYSERS project, as well as carrying out related tasks for the project, ensuring the successful completion of the project.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ======
- University degree (Diploma or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field with excellent results
- Interest in pursuing a PhD degree in a combined industrial and scientific setting
- Knowledge in Empirical Research preferred
- Excellent knowledge in the following areas:
- Cloud computing
- Network technology and concepts
- Distributed systems
- Software engineering (Java SE, Java EE)
- Knowledge in the following domains is a plus:
- Web service standards (SOAP, XML, XSD, WS-RM, REST)
- Business process modeling (BPMN, BPEL)
- SAP applications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Flexibility and strong team working skills
- Very good writing skills
- Good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
- Good German language skills (written and spoken) are a plus
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter (which states your relevant experience), a CV, copies of the obtained degrees and - if available - copies of references from former professional activities. Please describe your interests, experience and skills in the above-described domain.
CONTACT DETAILS & HOW TO APPLY
============ ========= =========
Employment Type: Limited Part Time
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Entry: a.s.a.p. / Duration of contract: 3 years
Reference Code: CH-53198124- EN-10-003
Apply online at: http://www.sap.ch/jobs -> 'Schnellsuche'
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!