We offer you the possibility to obtain a “Master of Peace and Security Studies” after one year full-time study. The postgraduate programme “Master of Peace and Security Policy Studies” (M.P.S.) is conducted by the University of Hamburg in cooperation with the Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy at the University of Hamburg (IFSH) and other scientific institutions and partners of the “Cooperation Network Peace Research and Security Policy” (KoFrieS).
It is a trans- and interdisciplinary as well as practice orientated programme that combines academic study with fieldwork placements. The programme is designed for highly-qualified graduates and professionals holding a university degree. During the course participants will be introduced to the issues of peace and security policy.
The aim of the programme is to equip students with a range of skills and provide them with expertise in the field of peace and security policy. The degree is particularly designed for those interested in a career in peace and/or security studies research and teaching or to those interested in working for national and international organizations, administrations, associations, and businesses (e. g. in the fields of
peace-keeping, monitoring, verification, development aid, mediation, arbitration, conversion, administration) .
• Interest in the field of peace studies or peace- and security-policy
• 240 points ECTS (usually a four-year course in any discipline)
• An honors degree from a German or foreign university
• Professional interest and scientific or practical experience related to issues of peace and/or international security
• Sufficient knowledge of English and German. For German: SH (results: DSH-2 or better), TestDaf (results in all four parts: TDN 4 or better) or any examination of equal value (B2/C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages); for English: TOEFL 230 (570 paper-based) , 5.5 IELTS, Advanced C or any examination of equal value (B2/C1 of the CEFRL)
More information about the programme and application procedure
• Please find more detailed programme information at: http://www.ifsh.de/IFSH_english/studium/mps.htm and on our website under FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) at http://www.ifsh.de/IFSH_english/studium/mps_bewerb.htm.
• Applicants who have already procured a scholarship (e. g. a GAES scholarship, see http://www.daad.de/deutschland/foerderung/02055.en.html or from a (political) foundation, see FAQ) may also apply.
• Students can apply for a limited number of scholarships of the IFSH Association.
Deadline for applications for the academic year 2010/11 is March 15, 2010.
Please direct any inquiries to:
Dr. Patricia Schneider or Naida Mehmedbegović,
Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy (IFSH), Beim Schlump 83, 20144
Phone: +49 (0)40-866077- 20/-34, Telefax: +49 (0)40-866 36 15, E-mail: naida.m@ifsh. de / schneider@ifsh. de
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!