CIPR is the only Norwegian Centre of Excellence for petroleum research. The centre consists of an international research group with more than 100 researchers and PhDs from all over the world. CIPR also supervise more than 40 master grade students in cooperation with the University in Bergen. More information at www.uni.no/cipr.
There are several open PhD positions affiliated with research projects within Enhanced Oil Recovery. The projects are funded by the Norwegian Research Council and industry. The projects are based in Uni CIPR, with employment in Uni Research AS.
The PhD student will enter an approved programme at the University in Bergen, leading to the degree of PhD within a time frame of three years. It is a prerequisite, however, that the formal admission requirements for the PhD programme are met before appointment can be
We are looking for
· Interested, ambitious and skilled students holding a master degree in Applied mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Petroleum Engineering
· Candidates with strong problem-solving and communication skills, including excellent English
We can offer
· Dynamic and challenging research environment
· International work environment
· Group Pension Insurance
· Personnel Insurance Scheme
· Salary in accordance with the Civil Service pay grade table scale for PhD students; currently NOK 355 600 gross p.a.; following ordinary meriting regulations
How to apply
Please send your application by email to email@example.com before February 28, 2010
The email should be marked "PhD-EOR" and contain one pdf file with:
· scanned copies of diplomas and transcripts,
· publications and other relevant work,
· name, title and email address of at least two scientists willing to provide a reference.
Selected candidates will be invited to give a short presentation on a topic of their choice (usually Master thesis) and also an interview.
MSc students in their last term are also encouraged to apply. Appointments may be done immediately after completion of the MSc degree.
For more information please contact Arne Skauge, arne.skauge@ uni.no, tel. +47 55 58 33 58 or Kristine Spildo, kristine.spildo@ uni.no, tel +47 55 58 36 62
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!