Headquartered in New York City, the Institute of International Education (IIE) is a world leader in the exchange of people and ideas. Established in 1990 in Budapest, IIE's Europe office is one of the most vibrant and dynamic international education organizations in Europe. Our staff of
fifteen manages a wide range of programs in more than 30 countries across the continent focusing on scholarship management, university outreach and short-term visitor programs, Education USA and English language services.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: THE IIE EUROPE EXPERIENCE
BE PART of an international team | LEARN about international education first-hand | EARN ECTS credits | LIVE in a historic and vibrant European capital and much more...
The internship program at IIE/Europe is an ideal opportunity for university students seeking to gain professional experience in the field of international education and experience a new culture. Interns at IIE/Europe get a unique chance to be part of an international team of
friendly professionals and live in an exciting, safe and cosmopolitan European capital. Interns complete a comprehensive orientation which helps them to better understand IIE's global mission and IIE/Europe's specific programs as well as prepare them for their tasks. Each intern
works closely with an assigned staff member who tailors the program to best suit their interests and capabilities, and provides guid-ance and supervision throughout the internship.
Each intern's portfolio is designed based on the current program needs of the office and the specific interests and skills of the intern.IIE Europe interns are typically involved in one or more of the following activities:
- Research and program development
- Program launch
- Program evaluation
- Conference and summer seminar organization
- Information management
- Program specific outreach activities
- Interest in international education and development.
- Completion of at least two years of college/university.
- A specific time commitment of a summer or academic se-mester. Internships must be at least 3 months in length.
- Finances to cover travel, lodging, meals, and personal ex-penses while in Budapest.
- Personal maturity as demonstrated by the ability to receive instructions and work on projects with limited supervision. Self-direction is essential.
- The ability to adapt to and benefit from a new cultural ex-perience.
- A good understanding and skill level of basic software appli-cations: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluency in 1+ European language in addition to English.
NOTE: Students studying at universities that are holders of Extended ERASMUS University Charter are encouraged to apply for traineeship funding through the ERASMUS Student Mobility for Placement scheme. For more information contact the ERASMUS coordinator or the Interna-tional
Office at your university.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE & APPLICATIONS: IIE Europe typically has two interns per term (spring, summer, and fall). Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, with final deadlines as follows: Fall Term: September 1 | Spring Term: December 1| Summer Term: May 1
For more information please contact: Nevenka Grceva, Institute of International Education | European Office firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!