The post is on the university scale (MYR 18,000 – 28,800); and is open to all nationality. Placement for the post is according to experience and qualifications. However, foreign candidates are required to have at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if their first degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction or pass an English proficiency test approved by the University.To apply formally, please send to Dr. Chee Seng Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org. my) the following documents:
1. Latest CV including your experience in computer vision area, publication lists (if any)
2. Latest examination transcript, and
3. Two names and email addresses of academic referees
* First Class or high 2:1 degree (or equivalent) or Master by research in Engineering/ Computer Science/Mathematics or related subject and be able to demonstrate a strong mathematical background.
* Knowledge in image processing, machine learning and computer vision, especially probabilistic and fuzzy methods. Expertise in graphical models, structured learning or human pose estimation would be a particular advantage.
* High levels of ability in programming in MATLAB/C++
* Self-motivated, good at time management and planning, and have a proven ability to meet deadlines. Good communication and presentation skills are also important.
Informal enquiries should be made to the Principal Investigator of the research programme:
Dr Chee Seng Chan, email@example.com. my, Tel. +603 7967 6433
The post is available from January, 2011 until December, 2013.
Fixed Term: 3 yearsSalary Scale: MYR 18,000 – 28,800 per annum
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!