European Academy 2010 : 18-22 October
Based on the success of the first edition of EuropeanAcademyin 2009, The Albanian Institute for International Studies (AIIS) announces the organization of the third session of the European Academy 2010, to take place from October 18-22, 2010 in Tirana, Albania.
The European Academyis organized with the support of Friedrich-Ebert- Stiftung and the Embassy of Spain in Albania.
The curriculum, to be designed and taught by renowned experts, will focus on four main areas listed below. The general orientation of the sessions will be to teach and discuss the relevance of each area for Albania's key requirements and challenges in the EU integration process, the rule of law in particular:
- History of European Union - the legal basis (the treaties)
- European Union Institutions - focus on law-making
- European Union Policies - focus on EU Foreign Policy and its legal basis, and Freedom Security and Justice
- Albania-EU relations - focus on the acquis and approximation, and Albania's challenges in strengthening the rule of law.
The call is open to Albanian citizens from public administration, the media, civil society and academia whose work and/or studies relate to EU Law, law-making, law approximation and similar aspects, preferably lawyers and law students.
- University diploma (preferably in the social sciences)
- Letter of motivation
- Knowledge of (a) foreign language (s) is advantageous
Applications should be submitted by October 8. Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted!
Application materials, as well as questions, should be directed to:
Albanian Institute for International Studies
Andon Z. Cajupi, 20/5
Tel: +355 4 2248 853
Fax: +355 4 2270 337
Please quote 10 Academic Resources Daily in your application to this opportunity!